Monday, September 7, 2009

You Were Not There

I went back to the same place
Where I first & once met you
But you weren't there.

The time I met you
It was an event gathering
Where your friend brought you there

Ever since then
I always went back
To the same place
Regardless of how busy I was

It doesn't matter
Whoever he/she was
That asked me to go
I would definitely agree
With the hope to see you
Once again

For so many times
I was disappointed
For you didn't show up
Yet, I continue to wait

Until one day
They told me :
"We won't be going there
as frequently anymore"

I said to myself
Most probably
We won't meet again

Therefore this time
In such a huge gathering
Just like last time
With different people
From different places

I keep looking around
I continue to anticipate
I waited patiently
With the last hope
To see you again

As I know
This will be the last
For me to join such event here
For I'm leaving this place
Very very soon

I have so many things
To tell you, to share with you
To sit beside you once again
To fill our night with lame jokes
To get to know you more

But still, this time
It was no different
It was totally the same
Like all others

I was so empty
For your absence
For you were not by my side
For you were not there

Tony will remember you always

No comments:

Post a Comment