Saturday, May 9, 2009

Thing You Can't Choose In Life

Before you proceed, do you have anything in mind that suits the title? Here I assume that you don't, so I'm going to tell you about my answer : Mother(actually should be parent but since its special occasion, this will do)

To be honest, my family seldom celebrate any occasion or festival, except for Chinese New Year & Christmas for the recent few years. Harvest Festival, National Day, Easter, Mother's day & Father's day are just like all other normal days, and the only difference is that me & my brother won't have to go to school, that's all. However, as far as I remembered, during all these occasion, we were always by their side, which I'm grateful that we did(except for this year, but I'm certain that they won't want me to waste such money just to go back for few days & celebrate with them).

This post, is dedicated to my one & only one beloved mum, who I call her mama ever since I learned how to speak. At first, I planned not to do anything this time just as all previous years except giving her a call & greet her "Happy Mother's Day". My decision changed after I read some of others' post, especially the 1 from Jaevon where hers inspired me most. Hers reminds me of a piece of essay I wrote, where I compare myself with kids from other families. I was not allowed to watch TV when they did during night time, I was forced to have oatmeal while others are having coke & burgers, I was sent to music lessons while others are playing PS/Gameboy, and I was not given a handphone & PC/laptop till I finished my SPM(although this is my dad's decision). But till the end, I realize that all the things she did is for my own good and made me special & more successful compared to all those spoiled brat who are destined to fail in their future. This essay was considered kinda unique compared to others who wrote how happy they are when their mother bought them something or how good their mother is for not scolding/caning or not treating them as "slave".

Now, as I recall back, most of the things she had done is still very fresh in my mind(although some I can't remember why she did that).

I still remember / realized:
  • The trouble & time she spent to send & pick me up from all those tuitions and extra class(stopped after Form 2)
  • How hard it is to cook every meal for us due to all our different likes & dislikes
  • How she defended me a few times from being expelled by my dad for doing something terribly wrong
  • Why she caned me(too frequent till I can't recall back all the thing I did till she caned me)
  • Why she slapped me(this, I can remember as it only happened once)
  • The times we cried together when watching some touching episodes
  • How difficult it is for her to do all the house chores
and many many more.....

Final words from me :

"I am really thankful for being the fastest & strongest among millions of my sibblings to be able to win the race & win the fight to receive the greatest prize in my life. Condolence to all of you who were dead as a result of losing the fight."

Mama, I loved you, I love you and I will love you forever.

Happy Mother's Day for all the great mum in the world!

Tony will always remember everything you did for me

2 comments: